The abandoned Starlight Grove Club

When I made these photos, the building was abandoned for a long time. It stood behind a fence with the Mc Nair clock tower in the back. 


I asked a question to myself about the former Starlight Grove Club. On how many places in the United States are memories still awake about this club today? I put this question and the images on Instagram. The reactions were awesome. Everyone wrote about memories of good old times. 


An evening later I walked on a street in downtown Berlin. A strip of bars, cafés and different kinds of restaurants. Many crowds of young people were there too and a lot of them came from the U.S. 

I realized, how Berlin has changed over the decades. Because these young Americans aren't here for protecting the free part of a devided city. There is one Berlin only today and these American want to be here. Perhaps we are living in good times too. 

Cheers from Berlin!

Comments