A big surprise at Cole's

Sometimes we should follow our instincts. We do something without knowing why. So I discovered this display at Cole's in Dahlem. 

On a hot summer day I went again to the former American sector of West Berlin with my camera. If the beaches at lake Wannsee and the Havel river are overcrowded, are the best photo opportunities available without disturbing people. I started at the Cole Sport Center, continued at the American chapel and finished at the Taylor houses. When I was back at my car, I thought I had to go back to Cole's for another shot. 


The light hadn't changed and it was still a shadow on the upper letters. But a door was standing open. Nobody was in when I looked around and I felt like on a travel through the times. The signs of the Berlin Brigade were hanging infront of me like 1994. 


I enjoyed and appreciated these minutes before I left and went back to my car on Saargemünder Strasse. Here I was back in the present, because the AFN studios weren't there anymore. 

Cheers from Berlin! 


Comments