The stone at McNair's front gate

The McNair barracks became a beautiful apartment complex. Nearly all buildings were converted meanwhile. In 1995 the whole areal was classified as a historical monument. So it kept its external shape. 


For one and a half decades the McNair barracks were a ghost town, abandoned and empty. It's fantastic to see, that the life returned into this place. That's why I appreciate every walk there. Mostly I go in, where the front gate was. Before then I parked my car on the former motorpool site. 


At any time I've to smile inside myself, if I see this stone is still standing. The stone, where the plate with the installation's name was fixed. It survived all changes and is simple there as a witness of the history. 


I could imagine, that it will stand many years more. 

Cheers from Berlin  !

Comments